POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Virginals (Vermeer again) : Virginals (Vermeer again) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Virginals (Vermeer again)
From: Ive
Date: 26 Sep 2002 11:26:08
Message: <3d932710@news.povray.org>
Just a quick test.

Well, finally I decided to reproduce "The Musical Lesson" and
yesterday I did spend some time in our local museum 'cause  it
has a huge section with historical music instruments. Indeed there
was also one virginals by Andries Ruckers, a 17th century
manufactur from Antwerpen.
I did use this one (together with what can be seen in the painting)
to create the simplified model for my reproduction of the painting.
But now I'm not sure if it is too simple. In the final image it will not
be seen as close as in this quick test render, but somehow I'm
not sure if I do like the look of the instrument.
So what do you think?

Oh, and the chair. I did use Gilles Vermeer-style-chair (thanks
a lot) but it is heavily moified to get the look of the chair in the
painting. And the lion heads are added.

And note that no specular or phong highlights are used. The final
image will only be lit by radiosity (so specular does not make any
sense).

-Ive

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: